Thanks, so the "Job" seems a work in progress feature, and the
"Default Chargeback Project" didn't do anything useful in it's current
form?

Also, since I'm reviewing the GnuCash translation of my native
language, I have another question regards the "Extra Payments" /
"Addition to Card" field when creating an expense voucher.

From what I understand, when this field is filled, it means that some
amount in the expense voucher are actually paid by credit card, even
it's entered as paid by cash.

For example, if I have the following entries in my expense voucher:

Desc  Accounts                           Subtotal       Payment
Pen    Expense:Office Supplies   $30               Cash
Glue   Expense:Office Supplies   $20               Charge

And I set "Addition to Card" to 5, GnuCash will create a split in
A/Payable with $25 (30-5), and another $5 into credit card account ,
which means parts of the "Pen" expense are actually already charged by
credit card.

My question is in what the context one will use the "Extra Payments" /
"Addition to Card" instead of just select "Charge" in the entries? If
there is an example, it would be really useful to help me understand
the concept here, since the online manual have no information on this
field.

Thanks for help.

Adrien Monteleone <adrien.montele...@lusfiber.net> 於 2023年5月14日 週日 上午3:04寫道:

> That's a great question. Over the years as I've read threads on this my
> understanding is that 'job for customer A' is *not* the same 'job' as
> 'job for Vendor B' regardless of the name of the job. They are distinct
> data elements.
>
> My other understanding is that the feature was supposed to be for making
> it easier to pass vendor charges on to a customer. (as you're trying to
> do) but the above issue appears to make that not possible.
>
> Perhaps someone who uses this feature can expound.
>
> *note, 'job' is a poor word choice in the UI as it has been more
> accurately described by its creator as a 'purchase order'. I've filed a
> bug on this but no action so far as I'm sure it is low priority.
> Additionally there are limitations on Jobs as they cannot cover more
> than one Vendor or more than one Customer. (so individual line items
> from a single PO from a regular Vendor/supplier can't be charged back to
> different customers - you'd have to artificially split it up to use the
> feature)
>
> As for where Job info is used, there is a limited report that shows
> Vendor charges vs. Customer charges. (Reports > Business > Job Report)
> but at least as of 5.1, that is useless because there is no Option to
> select the Job you want to report on.
>
> Regards,
> Adrien
>
> On 5/13/23 10:25 AM, BrianHsu wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to understand of the "Default Chargeback Project" field
> > when creating a bill or an expense voucher from the Business module.
> >
> >  From the online manual
> > (https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v5/C/gnucash-manual/busnss-ap-bills1.html),
> > it I understand it correctly, it should be something like that:
> >
> > 1. I have a "Project XYZ" for "Customer A".
> > 2. I outsourced some programming job of "Project XZY" to "Vendor B"
> > 3. I created a bill for "Vendor B", as they charged me USD $1000
> > 4. In the that bill, I would record that the "Default Chargeback
> > Project" is "Customer A" / "Project XYZ". So I know that this cost is
> > for support that project.
> >
> > If that's the case, I'm wondering where exactly these two field will be
> > used?
> >
> > It seems that I couldn't find any usage of these two field, except
> > when I create / edit a bill or an expense voucher.

Best regards,

許洛豪(Brian Hsu)