On 5/17/23 7:02 PM, John Ralls wrote:

That's interesting, but running your test from the end of that GitHub issue I
get:
```
$ Hector:/Users/john> perl -MTest2::Plugin::NoWarnings -e 'print
"$Test2::Plugin::NoWarnings::VERSION\n"'
0.09
$ Hector:/Users/john> perl -MTest2 -e 'print "$Test2::VERSION\n"'
1.302193
```
DateTime::Locale also installs without error including passing all of its
tests. Mind, I've had F::Q installed on it for a while.

I'm running the current 13.4 developer beta.

On the virgin OS out of the box, Test2 module is in the included Perl but its version is 1.302162 (at least on 13.3.1). But if you look at the file /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.30/Test2/Plugin/NoWarnings.pm, line 9 is

use Test2 1.302167;

One would think that if the OS supplied bundle has a Perl module that requires at minimum version of another module, the required module would be that version or later. Not the case. The key here is until doing this testing ** no other additional perl modules were installed **.

Either 13.4 has more recent modules in the OS supplied Perl, or you updated Test2 at some point in the past.

I probably should have add the output of

perl -MTest2 -e 'print "$Test2::VERSION\n"'

in my comment, but before I installed *any* additional modules, it was 1.302162 as noted above.

I didn't want remove the OS supplied Test2::Plugin::NoWarnings, but I would bet reinstalling it would trigger the correct dependency of Test2 also getting installed. The 0.09 version already installed/included is the most current release.

Bruce S.