Hi,

I’ve been slowly working on PR #1626 to use the to-be-released Finance::Quote
get_features() to communicate to gnucash at runtime the available quote sources
and required parameters like API keys. The PR describes what is implemented and
a sketch of what remains to be implemented.

I’m at the point that I want to remove the hard coded sources in
gnucash/libgnucash/engine/gnc-commodity.c and dynamically populate the lists.

However, I was surprised to find “old_internal_name” in the gnc_quote_source_s
struct with a deprecated comment. I see at least two options
  - remove it and added a tool to help users efficiently update their quote
sources
  - keep a hard coded mapping in the source file and continue to carry
old_internal_name

I don’t know the history or potential side effects of messing with
old_internal_name, but for maintainability, removing old_internal_names is
appealing.

Any advice or guidance?

Thanks,

Vince