> On Nov 6, 2023, at 03:24, Stefan Nunninger <nunnin...@web.de> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> By now GnuCash does not allow the import of Datev files. Datev is the
> most widely used accounting software for tax professionals in Germany
> and maybe other countries as well. So I guess it would be a very helpful
> feature for GC.
>
> I am working currently on an import filter to import transaction data in
> Datev format to GC.
> My approach is to first convert the Datev file into a csv file that is
> conform to the GC export format.
> Then in a second step I import the data with the standard GC import filter.
>
> I got this approach running with some limitations.
> Currently the account number gets not automatically assigned in GC, even
> though I use the same numbers as in GC. The assignment of the columns in
> the csv file has to be done manually too.
> I guess this can be improved to work better.
>
> Is there interest to integrate my Datev import filter to GC to provide
> this functionality to other users?
> If so, how would you want this to be implemented?
> I would be glad to discuss this topic with people who are acquainted
> with the GC import/export filters.

It sounds like you're trying to create a path for switching from Datev to
GnuCash.  To use the CSV importers you'll need to do that in two steps: First
import the accounts then the transactions.

If your CSV file conforms to the GnuCash export format (which is multi-line)
you can use the built-in GnuCash Export Format selection in the Load and Save
settings combo, top left on the third page of the CSV Transaction Assistant, to
set the columns.

Using CSV as an intermediate format means that there's nothing that needs to be
added to GnuCash. If you want to share your work then create a project on the
FOSS foundry of your choice and share away.

Regards,
John Ralls