Personally I would have have fixed up the incorrect already reconciled
transaction and then re-run the reconciliation.  Although I'm at a loss to
understand how you already managed to reconcile the account if you had an
incorrect transaction in the mix :-)  If you re-reconciled after you fixed
up the transaction and the closing balance was correct you wouldn't have an
issue and wouldn't be adding transactions to try and get your next starting
balance correct.

Cheers Dave H.