Chris,

It has been several years since I had a similar situation, but I see that
GnuCash still has a stock split assistant (Chapter 11, I think of the
tutorial) which helps to mash all of the parts of a split into a single
transaction.  Did you try that?

David C

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 3:18 AM, Chris Good <chris.g...@ozemail.com.au>