Ah but there exists mechanism to add keyboard shortcuts.Edit your
.gnucash/accelerator-map and maybe you'll find appropriate entry.
I've added Ctrl-J for Jump as Ctrl-L for Split as follows:

(gtk_accel_path
"<Actions>/GncPluginPageRegisterActions/JumpTransactionAction" "<Primary>j")
(gtk_accel_path
"<Actions>/GncPluginPageRegisterActions/SplitTransactionAction"
"<Primary>l")