Gentlemen:

I'm running Linux Mint 18.1.

I've installed Finance::Quote 1.45 and acquired an ALPHAVANTAGE key.  I've tested 1.45 by using this string "export ALPHAVANTAGE_API_KEY=################" in terminal (using my new key, of course).  1.45 returns the proper quote information.  I found the "environment" file at "etc/gnucash/environment" and added two lines to the bottom of that file:

# ALPHAVANTAGE_API_KEY

ALPHAVANTAGE_API_KEY=################

Replacing "################" with my new key.

I'm unable to download quotes using the GnuCash Price Editor with Vanguard as my source.  After a system restart (because it couldn't hurt), and changing my source to "T. Rowe Price, US", I am still unable to download quotes using the GnuCash Price Editor.  ALPHAVANTAGE isn't one of my choices in Security Editor/Source Quote Information.  Obviously, I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what.

Any help will certainly be appreciated.

Thank you,

Robert L. Kief