Op vrijdag 24 november 2017 21:51:18 CET schreef Mike or Penny Novack:
> On 11/24/2017 10:24 AM, D wrote:
> > Michael, your "shortcuts" are essentially the command line entry I
> > provided. The OP could put that in a text file and make it executable on
> > a Mac, for sure. It's a little more involved to set up.
> >
> > They are both still methods to work around a default behavior that many
> > users find surprising, especially on a Mac.
> It is not just on a Mac. Nor do I agree that the developers were wrong
> to make the default "last file" because perhaps 90% or more of gnucash
> users only keep one set of books. Those who have only one set of books
> ALWAYS want "the last file open" and would probably complain "why do I
> have to go through an extra step to select which file I want when I only
> have one".

*sigh*

Michael, there *is* a difference between how gnucash behaves on OS X compared
to Windows an Linux.

This issue is not the fact gnucash tries to open the last opened file again by
default, the issue is gnucash on OS X does that even if you double-clicked on
*another* file to open. On Windows and Linux this does exactly what the user
expects: it opens this other file. On OS X it will still open the file gnucash
remembers as the last opened file and it will ignore the file the user
actually clicked on. This is not default behaviour, this is a bug in the
integration code between gnucash/gtk and OS X.

The merits of the gnucash default while interesting in itself to debate on is
not really an answer to the original question.

Regards,

Geert