I don't think that there is a specification beyond the generic CSV format,
which is grouping chunks of text separated by commas into groups separated
by a carriage return.  Check with your favorite spreadsheet program for
help.

When you want to import a file into GnuCash you then assign 'columns' to
data during the import process.  You can assign a 'column' to each of the
commonly used used fields in a transaction record. The process does not
consider which account is the 'home' account, you just start in that
account when you import, if I recall

FYI it is very important to be consistent with the date format when
assigning a column to dates, as GnuCash is very fussy about M-D-Y vs
D-M-Y.

David C