I always save the file just before importing so I can just close without
saving after an import if I don't like the result.

My experience has been that the U+R function in GnuCash adds something
either to the Description or to the Notes line besides changing the date
and possibly even the amount by a few cents in some cases, especially if it
is matching to the wrong transaction.  It may vary depending on what your
bank likes to put in to their data.

Because I am paranoid about matching to the wrong transaction I always
check that, correct the transfer account if it is incorrect and then either
use the Add or the Reconcile option.

David C