Adrien,
I suggest that you may need to shift your point of view in order to resolve
this.
Disclaimer: I am not an accountant.,

My experience has been that you should not lose sight of the primary
purpose of an accounting system: It is there to provide the information you
need to make financial decisions. GAAP, satisfying taxing authorities,
surviving audits, etc. are secondary.

Why do you want this prepaid expense to show in your reports? Is it a net
worth issue? An underlying cash flow issue? Something else?

When is it important that it show in your balance sheet or other report?
When is it important to show the obligation to pay the bill when it arrives?

The answers to these questions should help you determine what you really
need. Then look for an implementation that satisfies these primary
conditions and does not cause secondary problems.

Dale