On 17/12/2017 19:31, Jeff Abrahamson wrote:
I'd like to export the general ledger to a csv file.  When I use File ->
Export, however, I'm offered a choice of exporting income, expenses,
assets, or liabilities.  But I'd like to have all transactions in the
csv file.

I think I see how to do this using python (the example script
account_analysis.py in the examples is instructive).  But this seems so
basic I suspect I'm missing something.

Many thanks for any pointers.

May be easier to do a transaction report or similar and copy and paste that into a spreadsheet.

Alternatively there are a number of scripts that can take gnc files of some flavour and produce ledger-cli / beancount compatible files which are generally mores useful than csv files for accounting data anyway.

--
Wm