Hi Paul,

You're almost there :)

The gnucash importers are not aware of the business features of gnucash
unfortunately. So for the importer there are only transactions. It won't be
able to offer bills for transaction matching.

So after the import (as you did correctly) you still have to manually tell
gnucash which payment belongs to which bill.

The way to do this is to right-click on the payment in the account register
for your bank and then choose "Assign as payment...". This will open up the
payment window with all the details gnucash can already extract from the
payment transaction. Fill in the missing pieces (at a bare minimum the vendor
and the bill you're about to pay) and hit Ok. This needs to be repeated for
each imported payment.

Regards,

Geert