Mr Lehmann,

You may need to register for the Gnucash Users list to reply if you haven't
already done so.

It is not clear from your brief description what happened.  There is a hint
that you are on a Windows OS and if you have been using GnuCash for about a
year and you probably have GnuCash release 2.6.something.

One thing that is not clear is whether you are using a recent release of
Windows (7 or newer) on a reasonably new computer.  If that is true, you
should be able to simply close the program and re-open it and everything
will come back.

If you are using a very old computer then it is possible that the system
date is not correct or there is some other problem, and you may need a new
battery or better yet, a new computer.

We look forward to hearing if you have solved your problem or if you can
shed more details.

David C