Thanks Adrien,

I have income and also make monthly withdrawal from an investment account.
In the Budget I enter Income and Transfer say (-$1,000)  from my Investment
account and the Monthly Total in the Budget seems to be okay.

I want the Total to be the difference between net income and net expenses
and I think it does that where on the Budget Spread Sheet it appears the
Monthly Total = Income - Expenses -Transfers.

I am not sure I really understand what is going on but it seems to give me
the results for which I was looking.