Hi,

I use gnc to track my stock portfolio of mostly Australian ASX stocks.
After yahoo closed their quoting service I set up alphavantage as per the
instructions in the gnc FAQ (with key etc).

I've just noticed that the online quotes for *all* my ASX stocks are now in
USD, and that they are meaningless values too (i.e. not the ASX stock in
USD).

This is confirmed when testing using gnc-fq-dump. E.g.

ALPHAVANTAGE_API_KEY=<mykey> gnc-fq-dump alphavantage NAB
Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
    symbol: NAB                  <=== required
      date: 03/13/2017           <=== recommended
  currency: USD                  <=== required
      last: 1.0800               <=\
       nav:                      <=== one of these
     price:                      <=/
  timezone:                      <=== optional

The price of $1.08 USD is what gnc fetches today.

The correct quote for ASX.NAB is around $28.24 AUD (or around $22.18 USD).

A quick search didn't even find a NYSE or NASDAQ NAB so I have no idea
where F::Q is getting this quote from.

Also I don't know why the date returned by gnc-fq-dump is 3/13/2017. Very
odd.

How does gnc-fq-dump determine the stock type? (e.g. ASX or NYSE)

For all my ASX stocks, in the Security Editor, I have the following
settings:
* Type = ASX
* ISIN/CUSIP = <blank> (is that a problem?)
* Get Online Quotes is ticked
* Type of Quote = Unknown/alphavantage

I am running GnuCash 2.6.17 on Ubuntu 17.04 Zesty (yes, end of life).
And Finance::Quote 1.48 (installed from git).

Any clues?

Cheers,
Justin.