I don’t perform a close-books operation so I never bothered with this report.
On a whim I ran it to see what would happen. I’m pretty careful about all of my
transactions. Each of them self-balances and my imbalance and orphan accounts
are empty.

Yet, sure enough, the Trial Balance has $111.59 too much in debits. An even
amount might clue me into a duplicate somewhere, but an odd amount has me
stumped. (even with a duplicate, wouldn’t the credits also be duplicated?)

Time to play the narrow down the date range game I suppose.

Elmar,

Reduce your ending date so the range is half of what it was. Re-run the report.
Is it sill out of balance? Keep doing this till you get a balance, then set
that ending date to a new start date, and start working forwards till you get
out of balance again. This will help you narrow down where on the calendar the
error occurred.