On 3/2/2018 8:01 PM, Adrien Monteleone wrote:
Thanks Dave,

Of course can do this. But let me put on my "business analyst" hat for a moment and ask a question.

If you were set up this way and you accidentally entered a transaction with one account in the tree of one entity and the other (mistakenly) in an account belonging to another entity, how would you diagnose the problem? << you would be in balance >>

Michael D Novack

To clarify, what I was suggesting was this:

Assets
Assets:Personal
Assets:Entity1
Assets:Entity2

with appropriate sub-accounts under each.

In line with this you’d also have:

Expenses
Expenses:Personal
Expenses:Entity1
Expenses:Entity2

with appropriate sub-accounts under each, and so on for Revenue and then
Liabilities and Equity as needed.

Each of those ’second levels’ should probably be marked as placeholders to
avoid a mess.