On 02/03/2018 16:22, Leo Bolta wrote:
Not to keep the thread alive but these are photos of select pages of the
1882 High School bookkeeping text book, I referred to earlier and promised
to distribute.  Several of the previous commenter's may have been quite
accurate in regards to the historical progression but these pages are just
for those who might be interested on how it was expressed before the turn of
the last century.

Thank you for sharing that.  Have you got the books under

Assets:Chattels:Books

in your gnc ? :)

>  Also take note of the penmanship from the personal notes
of the student included in the last attachment...today's penmanship is a
shame by comparison.

My father can write like that, I'd have been a failure if it wasn't for computers by comparison.

 My apologies for portions of text which are slightly
blurred.

Don't apologise, I found it interesting, the slightly blurred bits didn't spoil the view for me.

--
Wm