On 3/11/2018 3:14 AM, D wrote:
Hello,

Although I am *not* an accountant, I understand that in standard accounting,
income is shown as a negative balance. The Tutorial covers this.

There is a setting that allows you to display income accounts with reversed
signs, if this bothers you.

"debit" and "credit" have the opposite sense in the same way as "positive" and "negative" do but are not the same thing UNLESS you have specified that. In traditional accounting "negative" refers to an account having a balance in the opposite sense of what is expected. For example, a credit balance in an account normally debit or a debit balance in an account normally credit.

An account of type "income" would normally have a credit balance.

Michael D Novack