The Mac bundle has its own copy of sqlite3 along with almost everything else it
needs. It does use some frameworks from /System/Library/Frameworks (notably
AppKit and CoreFoundation) and one or two from /usr/lib. It does not and cannot
use anything from Homebrew; the Homebrew “recipe” for GnuCash just retrieves
and downloads one of our distribution dmgs.

Regards,
John Ralls