> On Apr 10, 2018, at 7:03 AM, Geert Janssens <geert.gnuc...@kobaltwit.be>
> wrote:
>
> Op donderdag 5 april 2018 23:04:39 CEST schreef John Ralls:
>>> On Apr 4, 2018, at 10:34 PM, DaveC49 <davidcous...@bigpond.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> After following the build instructions
>>> https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Building#Ubuntu
>>> <https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Building#Ubuntu>
>>> I have checked glib-2.0 and libglib2.0 are installed
>>>
>>> I received the following errors when building using cmake (v 3.5.1) on
>>> Linux MInt 18.3 :
>>>
>>> /$ cmake -D CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local/bin/gnucash-cmake -D
>>> WITH_AQBANKING=OFF -D WITH_OFX=ON ../gnucash
>>>
>>> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:5 (file):
>>> file problem creating directory: /glib-2.0/schemas
>>>
>>> -- Performing Test have_mod_mask
>>> -- Performing Test have_mod_mask - Failed
>>>
>>> CMake Error at gnome/CMakeLists.txt:59 (gnc_add_swig_guile_command):
>>> Unknown CMake command "gnc_add_swig_guile_command".
>>>
>>> CMake Warning (dev) in CMakeLists.txt:
>>> No cmake_minimum_required command is present.  A line of code such as
>>>
>>>   cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 3.5)
>>>
>>> should be added at the top of the file.  The version specified may be
>>>
>>> lower
>>>
>>> if you wish to support older CMake versions for this project.  For more
>>> information run "cmake --help-policy CMP0000".
>>>
>>> This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.
>>>
>>> -- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
>>> See also
>>> "/home/david/Applications/gnucash-3.0/build-cmake/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.l
>>> og". See also
>>> "/home/david/Applications/gnucash-3.0/build-cmake/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.lo
>>> g"./
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Rob Gowin saw your mistake and pointed it out in gnucash-devel, a better
>> place to discuss build problems:
>>
>> The error is "cmake <options> ../gnucash". You want just "cmake <options>
>> .." to get the root CMakeLists.txt instead of the CMakeLists.txt in the
>> "gnucash" subdirectory.
>>
>> He recommends creating your build directory completely outside of the source
>> tree as a way to avoid making this mistake.
>>
>> Regards,
>> John Ralls
>
> I'm beginning to think it was a bad idea to name the directory for the gui
> part "gnucash" as well. It seems to lead to all kinds of confusion in build
> descriptions.

Yeah, though it’s pretty standard practice.

Part of the problem was that the README was a bit confusing. I expanded it with
more details about what’s going on with the command and the variations, and
finished up with recommending that one not pass a relative path to cmake.

Regards,
John Ralls