David

It is not really all that difficult to build a version from scratch if you
are on Linux. I'm on Linux Mint and the distro package version is often
behind the current stable.

There are a few little twists  with setting up googletest and the move from
Autotools configure to CMake for the build. There are a lot of references to
those on the Gnucash-Dev list in some of my posts and others along with John
and Geert's responses. The wiki page on building with Ubuntu
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Building#Ubuntu_16.04_LTS_.28Xenial_Xerus.29
and the Wiki page on CMake https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/CMake ( here Cmake
is described as experimental but it is now the preferred build route.

I am going to try and review the ubuntu build page in the light of my
experience building v3.0 over the last week so that some of the issues I
encountered are addressed if the wiki maintainers agree agree.

David Cousens

-----
David Cousens