On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 03:21:13AM +0000, David T. wrote:
> I'm not sure how you looked,  but this topic had been discussed for many
> years on the list. A recent one was
> https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2018-January/074315.html.
> Another was
> https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2013-September/050410.html.

Thanks David!  That January 2018 thread was helpful.  I'm not sure why
DDG didn't turn it up.  :(

My impression is that the format really doesn't make an appreciable
difference to performance, and that a SQL format might be more flexible
for reporting but otherwise the formats are basically interchangeable.
Does that sound like a reasonable summary?

I may simply stick with XML for now since it's easy and lazy.

--keith

--
kkel...@wombat.san-francisco.ca.us