On Tue, 29 May 2018, Maf. King wrote:

unless you are doing something esoteric (and I guess you are not!), the
Expense cell on the vendor bill should point to an expense account - is
this for some kind of annual card free? I'd suggest
Expenses:BankingFees:CardFees or similar.

I think that what you have actually recorded is moving a liability from one
accoun to another, without  incurring it (or paying it off!)

Maf,

  Doing what I should have done in the first place -- go through all 2017
statements from the credit card company -- I find no reason for the $45
bill, A/P entry, or entry in the liability account.

  I'll delete all register records for this because I cannot find the
purpose.

Apologies to all,

Rich