On 6/3/2018 3:01 AM, John Robins wrote:
Got it! Thank you.

One quick follow up question. Would it be possible for a gnucash developer to add this report into the software, could I commission a developer to add this report in (or would it be too expensive), or is it not the type of report that could be added in?

All the best, John

Assuming a developer were willing to take this on (unlikely*) the first step would be thinking about the not so simple things.

When you run ONE "Income Statement" report the CoA is as it is at the end of that period. But when you are running for multiple months you have no assurance that the CoA will be the same each time. How is that to be handled? << I am NOT asking how implemented but what do you expect to see in the report >> Notice that with the manual process that has been described to you you might encounter this situation also, and IF SO, make a decision what to do at that time. But if coded, need to have decided that in advance.

In my working days, probably 20% or more of a project's "time charges" were for user meetings to decide matters like this, "what should the program do IF ...? As a general rule, expect 80% of the code (or more) to e dealing with all the rare "exception" situations.

Michael D Novack