On 8/14/2018 1:28 AM, patrush...@aol.com wrote:
Thanks for responding. I am clear that I want to have all the entities separate- I thought I had set them up that way, but cannot discern how to access them individually, and that's why I think I might have missed something in the initial set up and that they are combined.
If you are keeping books for multiple entities and there is no good reason to suppose that you would be wanting to work on the same set of books as the last set you were working on (as opposed to last having worked on one of the others) you can set gnucash to override the default "open the last books that were opened" << look up references to "nofile" for how to do that >> I suspect that your problem began because you were always just opening the last set of books even if you had created separate books for each entity.

Then gnucash will start without opening a file, requiring you to choose/specify "which" but there will be a drop down list of the last several you can simply pick from instead of typing in the file name,

The only time I would not do that is if out of entities, one would be worked on daily and the others rarely, perhaps only once a month or even less frequently. Even when gnucash does open the last set worked on you can tell it to open a different set of books.

Michael D Novack