I am using LInux Mint 18.2 and GC 2.6.17.

Since someone a while back that switching to Yahoo as json most of my stock quotes have been up-to-date.  My only problem is being unable to retrieve quotes for the 8 currencies (I think the last update I received was in late July).  If memory serves, the last update to F::Q (1.47) all currencies look   to Alpha Vantage for quotes.

Les