On 21/10/2018 11:18, José A. Fernández Troncoso wrote:
Yes, when I create a sale transaction on the stock, a capital loss is
calculated automatically by the report and shown as a negative amount in
the Realized Gain column. That's fine by me.

It presumes a tax regime, unfortunately.

The problem is that when I add a split to record the loss manually on
the Expenses:Capital Loss acount, the amount recorded on the stock
acount split (in the Total Sell column) is then added to the Income
column of the report, as if it were a dividend.

The general problem is that the report presumes you are merkin and have few external tx

The other way is to go for Trading Accounts, but that means thinking
--
Wm