On 03/01/2019 19:03, nvsoar wrote:
On 01/02/19 08:51, Dave Cooper via gnucash-user wrote:
Hi gnucash

I have returned to gnu-cash having not used it for several years so please bear with me. I have reloaded the system and set it up to get some UK stock prices (LSE) using Alphavantage Unfortunately I get poor results - only 25% - 50% prices are returned - I assume this is caused by time outs As a temporary fix I now use yahoo - json  which gets results every time so far, but I have to manually adjust these prices because the return is in pence not pounds
Is there a parameter or easy way to fix this?

I note that yahoo are having problems due to their historical data for UK is in pounds - not that I am going there.

Cheers
Dave
A solution to AlphaVantage limits is in Ameet Sengar's message; available here.
https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2018-September/079698.html
It has been my experience that the AlphaVantage.pm file is read only. Change file properties to read write to modify;  then back to read only.  (Notepad++ worked well for me on a Win10 system.)

Because Quote.pm is hard coded to use Alphavantage for exchange rates it is also useful to put a delay in there if you have more than a few currencies.

..\perl\site\lib\Finance\Quote.pm

I put it in just before the call to the outside world
===
  my $ALPHAVANTAGE_API_KEY = $ENV{'ALPHAVANTAGE_API_KEY'};
  return undef unless ( defined $ALPHAVANTAGE_API_KEY );

  sleep(15);

  my $reply = $ua->request(GET "${ALPHAVANTAGE_CURRENCY_URL}"
    . "&from_currency=" . ${from}
    . "&to_currency=" . ${to}
    . "&apikey=" . ${ALPHAVANTAGE_API_KEY} );

===

Own risk, etc.

--
Wm