On 6/16/2019 2:22 AM, rhrosebr wrote:
Just bought a new win 10 computer. Old computer hd unstable. How do I get
gnucash to new computer? Do I install latest version then copy whole
directory and overlay new directory. I'm not seeing anything on migrating
gnu to new computer.
TIA
Randy
 If you are migrating to a new computer you will want to:

1) Install all the applications you are used to using.

2) Migrate over all of your data.

If the data paths to the data will be different, in each case you will have to find the data on the new computer. But the point I am making is that migrating gnucash (program and data) is likely only a tiny subset of the programs and data you will be migrating.

IF the new computer is under the same OS as the old one, only a little care will be needed to have the data paths be the same and all data will be found where expected. But when not, it may be impossible to have the same path.

Michael D Novack