On 7/3/2019 9:44 AM, Christopher Lam wrote:
Or, you could download 3.6 and test the new experimental multi date balance
sheets :-)

THAT, however, has nothing to do with this question. The "multi date balance sheet" report ISN'T a balance sheet with multiple dates but a report that shows multiple balance sheets each for some different date.

It is STANDARD for certain financial reports to show two balance sheet reports in parallel. For example, a balance sheet at the start of an interval (end of previous period) and at the end plus the Income statement (aka P&L aka Revenue statement) for the interval. Following advice of the accountants, I put this together OUTSIDE of gnucash using raw reports exported from gnucash. I suppose lots of folks here would have preferred I had coded this << a retired software professional, I could have >> but the accountants were right, I am ALWAYS having to do some editing.

Michael D Novack