On 8/3/2019 6:16 AM, Liz wrote:
On Wed, 31 Jul 2019 09:10:02 -0700 (PDT)
Rich Shepard <rshep...@appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

Would be nice to have a cash accounting option in addition to the
default accrual accounting option.
Whether a business uses cash or accrual accounting in Australia is set
by the tax authorities, so I am obliged to use cash accounting.
This is a common situation in many jurisdictions with certain sorts of businesses required to use either cash of accrual. The difficulty is that gnucash does not support PRODUCING invoices for cash based << in other words, simply producing an invoice but NOT entering transaction to A/R and income >>

That's why I am mentioning "multiple books". If I had to produce invoices, it is what I would do. Set up a virtual entity associated with the actual entity. This virtual entity would be "accrual" and so have A/R and income and it would produce the invoices to be sent out (and track which paid, which outstanding) but the A/R and income would otherwise be ignored << when invoice paid, a transaction in the main (cash books affecting cash and income >>

Michael D Novack