Building on Christopher's comment, my experience was that if a transaction to
be imported has the flag set, Gnucash imports that value. I'm not sure the
exact mechanics or heuristics (and it was a long time ago that I migrated to
Gnucash), but I know I didn't have to reconcile my imported transactions all
over again.

This is another reason (probably a significant one) not to tinker with the
reconcile values, BTW. Someone would have to rewrite every incoming transaction
to use 'R' instead of the 'Y' from other apps.

David

  On Wed, Aug 7, 2019 at 13:38, Christopher Lam<christopher....@gmail.com>
wrote:   Hi Geert
Wish to add a small contribution:

On Wed., 7 Aug. 2019, 15:43 Geert Janssens, <geert.gnuc...@kobaltwit.be>
wrote:

> For the other importers, this isn't implemented. The idea is that you
> typically import from bank statements in qif/ofx/csv format and banks
> don't
> have reconcilation information. The other acounting application I use can
> also
> import bank statements, but won't reconcile them either.

The qif importer does have ability to set a split's reconciliation status.
The qif C line may specify * cleared X reconciled ! budgeted (unused by
importer) transactions, but I guess only quicken exports should have this
information.