On 8/8/2019 6:47 AM, S. Sliackus wrote:
Hi guys

I am new to GnuCash. I came up with this piece of software by searching
practical solution to couple of my charities and small business.

I have quite mixed feelings about this program, I found some things over
complicated (some invoicing aspects, customer list and search, transactions
split etc etc) some things inconsistent  and some things missing (cash
basis vs accrual basis, transactions print/export from viewing screen etc.
etc.) and some working bad (import of list
Some of this is misconception. True, you can only use the business features like invoicing when on the accrual basis << this perhaps should be addressed -- not only do many organizations keep books on the cash basis (but would like to be able to produce invoices for members) but some businesses by tradition/law use cash >>. But otherwise you can most certainly specify either cash or accrual.

And for those asking about setting up books but finding the "templates" do not match their needs the solution is simple. Just set up your CoA the way you need it or your accountant advises. You do NOT have to use any of the templates.

Michael D Novack