On 8/24/2019 11:57 AM, Michael Hendry wrote:

Thanks, Mike.

The club itself keeps its own financial records for running expenses etc. Any
income arising from charitable activities is passed to a trust which is
registered as a charity with OSCR (the relevant regulatory authority in
Scotland). Any donation to this charity from a member (or indeed from any
member of the public) is eligible for Gift Aid. The treasurer for the last five
years is a retired banker, and his accounts were all certified by a chartered
account before being passed on to OSCR so I think the principles have been
established. What I am trying to do is find the best way of using GC to record
and report the necessary information.
OK, like I said, I've done stiff like this but don't know YOUR regs and seems different so I want clarification.

In addition to knowing the amounts (these extras that are designated as charitable donations) you have to report to the government "from whom"? Here we would not -- thus at an event, might be stated "event cost $X per person, pay at least that much. If people pay more, the extra will be given to charity A. The organization would report the amount, but how much from each person who did donate extra. Like when at a meeting of an organization a motion is raised to donate to some charity by passing around a hat.

If it is similar where you are, what is the tracking by member for?

Michael