On Wed, 4 Sep 2019, Adrien Monteleone wrote:

Sorry, stumped on that one.

Adrien,

That makes two of us.

... but I don’t recall having a default starting directory issue with other
apps. Do you have that option and does it present the same issue with the
default location? (I don’t recall what format the ‘print-to-file’ printer
function resulted in)

When I want to print a web page, text document, or a GnuCash report the
Xfce4 print dialog opens and presents choices of printing to a file, or to
the LJ5 or color laserjet printer. Most of the time I print to a .pdf file
because it will be either stored on the computer or attached to an e-mail
message.

While all other applications do present the last used directory and
filename, when I make a change that change then becomes the default until
changed again. With GnuCash, the default is /rshepard/workspace/ and I
change back to my home directory and that's where the report is printed. But
the next time the default is still /rshepard/workspace/ rather than only
rshepard/. It must be stored somewhere but I cannot find where.

Thanks,

Rich