Chris,
Any chance you have or had a second monitor on your system?

  On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 8:42, John Ralls<jra...@ceridwen.us> wrote:   Chris,

Weird. With GnuCash (sort of) running, open /Applications/Utilities/Activity
Monitor. Find gnucash in the process list and select it. Click the gear icon at
the left end of the toolbar and pick "spindump" from the menu. It will collect
for a few seconds and then present a window with a bunch of stack traces that
may show what GnuCash is waiting for.

Regards,
John Ralls