Hello,

I am using GnuCash 3.5 on Windows 10. GnuCash 3.5 is the latest version I have ever used.

I have a report that I customized and saved in an earlier version of GnuCash (I can't tell you the version, but I know that it is an earlier version). I can't be certain which base report I used, since the saved configuration in saved-reports-2.8 only gives me the GUID of that base report, although I imagine it is a basic Transaction Report (since I have had trouble with version compatibility on this report previously). ISTR that I brought a similar problem with the Transaction Report to the list some time back, but cannot remember what the fix was supposed to be.

Instead of getting a report, I get a message that under the circumstances is gibberish:

"This report was saved using a later version of GnuCash. One of the newer multichoice options '7' is not available, fallback to the option '2'."

First, it is unclear to me how I could have saved my report using a version that I have never used or loaded. Second, this message is remarkably cryptic and misleading; I don't understand how I am using a newer option for a report that is invoked in the highest version I have. Third, despite informing me it is using a fallback option '2', the report fails to load, leaving me with no way to remedy the problem.

I am feeling rather frustrated here; GnuCash shouldn't break a saved report!

David T.