On 25/08/2019 00:06, Richard Ullger wrote:
On 23/08/2019 14:26, Wm via gnucash-user wrote:
heads up, folks

morningtstar.co.uk (and possibly other European versions) have changed
some stuff that mean some F::Q requests have stopped working.

This isn't gnc's fault.

If you use a quote source such as
mstaruk
expect it to fail until the F::Q folks catch up.

Would people with appropriate access let us know if the German / French
/ Italian / Scandinavian / etc versions of morningstar are similarly
affected.

I'm using Morningstar, GB as it appears in the quote source dropdown
list for a couple of funds and am not seeing any issues. Prices have
successfully loaded up to Friday 23/08/19.

Works using mstaruk in gnc-fq-dump too.

Hmmmn.  Apols for time passing, etc

What do you (or anyone else interested) get for
===
gnc-fq-dump -v mstaruk GB00B4PQW151
===

I get

===
Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
    symbol: GB00B4PQW151 (deduced) <=== required
      date: ** missing **        <=== recommended
  currency: ** missing **        <=== required
      last:                      <=\
       nav:                      <=== one of these
     price:                      <=/
  timezone:                      <=== optional

** This stock quote cannot be used by GnuCash!

All fields returned by Finance::Quote for stock GB00B4PQW151

stock           field  value
-----           -----  -----
GB00B4PQW151 errormsg: Error - failed to retrieve fund data MSTARUK_LOOK_UP http://www.morningstar.co.uk/uk/funds/SecuritySearchResults.aspx?search=.GB00B4PQW151
GB00B4PQW151       last: **missing**
GB00B4PQW151        nav: **missing**
GB00B4PQW151      price: **missing**
GB00B4PQW151    success: 0
===

Note: the extra detail in the "errormsg:" is because I worked out where mstaruk was breaking for me and I'm trying to work out what is wrong.

The URL without the extra dot before the ISIN works, for clarity
===
http://www.morningstar.co.uk/uk/funds/SecuritySearchResults.aspx?search=.GB00B4PQW151
= vs =
http://www.morningstar.co.uk/uk/funds/SecuritySearchResults.aspx?search=GB00B4PQW151
===

GB00B4PQW151 is Vanguard LifeStrategy 80% which I think more than one person here might own a bit of.

--
Wm