Hi John,
Seems like I'm always dealing with Perl troubles on here.
I found the utility script you described, and the results I get with it are
as expected:

< --- Begin Test --- >
$VAR1 = {
          'AMZNerrormsg' => 'Error retrieving quote for AMZN. Attempt to
fetch the URL https://query1.finance.yahoo.com/v7/finance/quote?symbols=AMZN
resulted in HTTP response 500 (Internal Server Error)',
          'AMZNsymbol' => 'AMZN',
          'AMZNsuccess' => 0
        };
< --- End Test --- >

Perl: V5.18.2
Finance::Quote V1.49
MacOS Sierra V10.12.6

I'm kind of at a loss as to how to debug this given the above info. Could it
be that the URL in the YahooJSON.pm I have is no longer valid?

-----
Ken Farley