Timothy,

In the stock register, shares and amount are more important for tracking
purposes (and tax purposes), so you need to enter only the shares and Tot Buy
columns and GnuCash will calculate the price. Due to rounding adjustments, the
price may be off by a little bit from your actual price, but that can be
ignored. This way, you will have your share balance computed correctly.

Cheers.