Eric:

There are 480 grains per troy oz.

So you can convert your Sovereigns using the above

On 4/8/20 12:18 PM, Eric Coates via gnucash-user wrote:

Adrien

OK. Now that I understand where GnuCash's gold price comes from I've come to the conclusion that what I called the "retail price" of gold is a mirage!

My gold is in the form of Sovereigns (each of about 7.5gms) and I guess that the only reliable way to get a value of it is by offering it for sale.

But I now know more than I did when I woke up this morning which can't be bad. Thank you

Eric

A note for Long:
It was your question about realised and unrealised losses that got me thinking (you used "gold" as an asset). I think, unless you actually have real gold, this thread is best ignored - except as an intellectual exercise. I do hold gold (in modest quantities) and that's how I'm thinking of this thread.