Not an accountant, but I'd probably go with Assets:Cash

How you handle the subsequent procedures will better be addressed by others.

On 9/29/2020 4:16 PM, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
Good day to all.

I have a question that may require me contacting an accountant but this is my first pass.

First I am the Treasurer for a small US 501c3.  Never been an accountant nor played one on TV. ;-)

We have an annual fund raiser.  I withdraw cash from the checking/General account for the cash boxes. In the past (and what I inherited) was to make it an expense entry.  Just doesn't seem right since we still have the money.

Should I create another Asset account and record it there?

TIA,
Rod