Hello,

I am on Windows 10, using Version: 4.2
Build ID: git 4.2-213-g562b4be22+(2020-11-21)

Back in June 2019 (https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2019-June/085636.html), I reported a problem with an odd error in a saved report. After some back and forth, I don't believe that any resolution occurred, and I have re-encountered the error.

This time, I am using the stock Asset Chart report, and again I encounter the nonsensical error repeatedly:

"This report was saved using a later version of GnuCash. One of the newer multichoice options '7' is not available, fallback to the option '2'."

Testing reveals that this error is referring to the fact that I am selecting the "Show Accounts until level" to use the provided value of '6' (which is the seventh option in the list, which includes All and 1-6). It pops up numerous times when I run the report, presumably because it iterates through the accounts and barfs each time it gets to a sixth-level account.

This error is nonsensical because:

1) I am invoking the report from the Report menu for the first time in THIS version of GnuCash; there are no saved versions of the report

2) There are no newer versions of GnuCash that I have run on my machine, and

2) I am SELECTING THE VALUE THAT IS PROVIDED IN THE REPORT OPTIONS.

This error can easily be replicated; just open the base GnuCash Asset Chart (Report->Assets & Liabilities->Asset Chart), select some accounts, and choose '6' in the "Show Accounts until level" drop down. The error will then trigger.

If there is a simple hack I can apply to remove this error, I'd appreciate knowing it. As it stands, the result is annoying, and the fact that it is embedded in the GnuCash-supplied report is problematic.

David T.