I suggest you involve your accountant on this subject.

On 12/27/20 9:41 AM, Eric H. Bowen via gnucash-user wrote:
See, they /shouldn't /be (accounted separately), but in case 2 (taxes paid separately to state at end of quarter) and case 3 (entered as a vendor bill) there doesn't appear to be a simple way to redirect the taxes to the cost of supplies. Unless I'm missing it. Suggestions?----Eric.