I have a number of brokerage-like accounts (cursed with multiple TIAA
contracts…). In most cases, the Total(period) column in the account tree page
lists $0.00 as that total.

I did a roth conversion at the end of 2020 that resulted in the money for the
conversion being moved to the new account in 2020, but the reinvestment
transactions took place in 2021. For that account, the total(period) lists the
dollar-value change of that account, including the increase in mutual fund
value since the investment transactions took place. It would really be nice if
all the brokerage account accounts showed the total value change in the current
accounting period. What’s different about the new account (seems to be set up
identically to all the other brokerage parent accounts)? Should I be able to
get the other brokerage accounts to exhibit the same totalling behavior?

--
Dave Reiser
dbrei...@icloud.com