Response at bottom -

On 3/3/21 11:49 PM, gnucash-user-requ...@gnucash.org wrote:
> ------------------------------ > > As Elmar pointed out, clicking the
'A' box for an incoming > transaction forces the import even if there is an existing match. > That is worse than just accepting every transaction as new and going > back and deleting duplicates later (this has essentially been my > procedure for the past few months of supposed training of the new > Bayesian matcher). I mostly use manual OFX imports except for a few > accounts where that is not offered. > > He also points out that sometimes there is an existing match but the > importer does not find it or allow it to be manually matched during > the import. I do see that too, although it is infrequent for me. > > In any case, there is very little of the potential labor saving from > the automation actually happening > > > > On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 6:38 PM David Cousens > <davidcous...@bigpond.com> wrote: > >> Elmar, >> >> If a transaction has been matched and is marked to be either >> updated (U column checkbox selected) or cleared (C column checkbox >> selected), you have to deselect the selected checkboxes in the U >> (up[date) and C (Clear) column( previously labelled the R column in >> earlier GC versions) and then select the checkbox in the A column >> for the transaction row to force it to import. It is then likely >> you will have to assign a transfer account before importing. The >> importer does learn particularly in the account matching part of >> the procedure and it is important for the learning process that >> this is done before the final import of the batch of transactions Sadly, while the bank offers integration with Quicken explicitly, they do not expose the OFX file for me to download, so until they do, I am stuck with CSV.  So I need to know how best to do this CSV.  My old procedure was to download via the OFX with the date range always extending back to one day before the last reconcile, just in case I missed any transactions.  This of course results in the CSV having tons of duplicates showing before I complete the import.  With the OFX, the duplicate checking works pretty well perfectly, but with the CSV, it doesn't appear to, unless I am using it wrong, i.e. clicking cleared (old reconcile) on what I know is already in the file.  When I do click C, the importer tells me No Match, which is wrong.  Bottom line seems to be that I have to keep the acount window open beside the import window, and use the mark 1 eyeball to find the duplicates, and (check me on this) force them to display red to avoid duplicates in the file.  Is this correct? - Elmar