On Sat, 14 May 2022 02:31:52 +0000 (UTC)
arthur brogard via gnucash-user <gnucash-user@gnucash.org> wrote:

> I and my ex jointly own four properties two of which are rented out.

Thinking differently here, I see a red flag because there is an
unexplained relationship between the owners of the properties. I'd
suggest that these are kept in separate "books" and quite separate from
any of your personal accounts.
As already mentioned, excellent records are required to be sure that
all allowable deductions are received.

Liz